Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poltergeist Stereo

I bought a stereo right out of college - one of those big ass ones - Onkyo. It worked great, had all the bells and shistles. ^ CD player, dual cassette with high speed dubbing, LP player, tuner etc.. About 8 years ago, I came home and it was dead, dead, dead. I BELIEVE someone blew the speakers. Tested them, tuner, wires etc.. NADA. I kept it, thinking I will get it fixed at some point. It was all nice and neat in a cabinet, and the big ass speakers made a great stand for my humidor. About a year ago, a friend said, "Ach, you blew the receiver, get a new one on ebay or something." So I posted on the incredible, landfill saving sight, Freecycle, and sure enough, a nice guy gave me a receiver. I hooked it up - Nothing. Son of a bitch. So I pulled out the replacement receiver and noticed the wires looked funny. I rehooked up the old receiver and played around with it for a while. Suddenly, "a strange new perfume rose, and lightning flashes in her eyes, and he knows that she knows. And the Thunder rolls. dm dm dm, And the Thunder Rolls." and I turned down the volume.

After eight years, my stereo came back to life. I will not question the hand of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment